Spelt Banana Loaf or Muffins
Yield 2 standard loaves or 10 muffins
|Ripe banana||800g (5-7)|
|Medium maple syrup||100g|
|Vanilla bean paste||8g|
|Whole grain spelt flour||380g|
|Salt||½ tsp (2g)|
|Toasted pecan pieces||80g|
- Break bananas into large pieces; beat on medium using paddle attachment until smooth with some visible chunks (1-2 minutes.) Add maple syrup and sugar; beat until combined. Slowly add oil while mixing on low speed. Add vanilla and mix briefly to combine.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (excluding pecan pieces). Add dry to wet and mix until just combined. Make sure to mix well with a spatula to ensure there is nothing hiding at the bottom of the bowl. Stir in pecan pieces; reserving some for garnish. Make sure not to over mix.
- Transfer to greased loaf or muffin pan lined with papers. Top each with banana slices & reserved pecans.
- Bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes for muffins; 45-60 minutes for standard loaf or until deep golden brown and tester comes out dry.
- Can be prepared without a mixer; simply mash the bananas well with a fork before adding the other wet ingredients. The oil can be partially or completely replaced with more mashed banana or unsweetened apple sauce, but the texture with be significantly different; they may also need a little longer to bake.