Makes about 40
What you’ll need…
|1 tbsp||chia seeds|
|2 ½ tbsp||warm water|
|1 cup||almond flour|
|3 tbsp||sesame seeds|
|2 tsp||dried minced/flaked onion|
|1 tsp||vegetable bouillon powder|
|¼ tsp||baking soda|
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 350F; move rack to middle position. Cut two pieces of parchment to fit a large sheet pan; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together chia and warm water; rest 2-3 minutes, stirring several times, or until thick.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add chia mixtureto dry ingredients and mix to form a dough. Divide the dough in half.
- Place a piece of parchment onto the counter. Spray with non-stick baking spray, or brush with oil. Lay one half of the dough in the center of the parchment. Spray the other piece of parchment; lay it spray-side-down onto dough.
- Roll dough into large rectangle about 2-3mm thick. Remove top piece of parchment; gently poke entire surface with a fork. Cut into 20 pieces using a large sharp knife or a pizza cutter. Leave the cut dough in place. Slide the parchment onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake crackers 15- 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Set tray on wire rack and cool completely; they crisp as they cool. Break apart when cool.
- Repeat the procedure with the other half of the dough.Store in an airtight container.
- For regular crackers: omit dried onion, replace vegetable bouillon powder with ¾ tsp sea salt.